|Murder you can get away with!! lol
Friday, June 29, 2012
When murdering your weeds with chemicals is not your style. Few Different ways with stuff we usually have in our own houses.
1. Water: Plain old H2O can be used as an extremely effective weed killer. As a matter of fact, boiling water is more effective than many of your store bought weed killers in wiping out unwanted vegetation. Put a kettle of tap water on the stove and heat till boiling, then pour on the weeds you wish to kill. Boiling water is a great way to clear out vegetation on a wholesale basis, like driveways and sidewalks. But be warned, boiling water is not selective. It will cook and instantly kill any plant that it comes in contact with and this includes underground roots of nearby plants.
2. Bleach: Place some bleach in a spray bottle and spray on the weed you wish to remove. The bleach chemicals will evaporate or dissipate in about two days (or less but better safe than sorry), making the area safe for planting. Again, bleach will kill anything but if you do get some on a plant you want to keep, just wash the plant off.
3. Vinegar: An organic homemade weed killer. Either white or cider vinegar will work. Vinegar will kill back (kill the leaves but not the root) any plant but works best on young plants because they do not have enough energy stored in the roots to regrow their leaves. If vinegar is applied to more established weeds enough times, the plant will eventually deplete its stored energy reserves and die.
4. Rubbing Alcohol: It draws water out and helps to evaporate it quickly. Guess what? If you put it on a plant, it will do the same thing. You will be basically sucking the life blood out of the weed. Makes you want to run right out and try it, huh? But again, rubbing alcohol is non-selective. It will kill any vegetation it comes contact with.
5. Corn Meal: it just stops the weed seeds from ever developing. Corn Gluten is a pre-emergent, which is a fancy way of saying that is it is a seed birth-control. Corn meal scattered around an area will keep any seed in that area from growing into a plant. This means a weed seed or a desirable seed. This method is a good option for areas that you plan on planting grown plants in.
6. Newspaper: Weeds just smother them. Laying down a layer of newspaper at least 4 sheets thick (the more the better). The weeds that are already there will die from lack of sun and the weed seeds will not be able to sprout because they are not getting any sun to start with.
7. Mix and match: For example, the boiling water can be mixed with the salt or the vinegar (or both) for a super weed killer. Make sure when combining chemicals that there are no adverse reactions.
8. Liquid dish: Add a few drops soap to the liquid homemade weed killers for added effectiveness. The soap acts as a sort of bonding agent and will help the weed killers to stick to the weed more effectively.
9. Epsom salt: The way to get stumps out of the yard in to pour a solution of on it. It is supposed to help destroy the root of the tree.
0 Comments | Post Feedback