January & Back to Normal
Monday, January 11, 2010
Back to normal after spending the holidays with family visits & then a long wkend at the boat. Bless that boat.
- Hubby made a new step for the boat by bolting & glueing a smaller thriftshop blue plastic step stool to what seems like a platform left over from step exercising (also thriftshop & also blue plastic). It's great & cost about $10 as opposed to $60 for one from West Marine! I love the fact that the colors match!
- Picked up surplus plastic table, small bench from someone who was moving to put in our driveway space where we can sit. I like to use used stuff out there so that it all doesn't get stolen! I keep on putting chairs & little tables out there - but if they do disappear, if it was salvage, then it's not so painful.
- Do you know people are uglifying their nice things so they won't be taken? I do the same with my used stuff. We have real scratches on the car(s).
- Exchanged paperback books at Bart's in Ojai & received a $50.00 credit! (Also cleaned out a corner of the apt.) - Hubby was astounded & bought himself a book, and I got some music. What with our purchases, still have $20.00 credit left for next time! I get thriftshop paperbacks to begin with - so it keeps reading costs LOW.
- Hubby found generic Zyrtec - which saved us some $ on allergy medicine - as the real kind is $$.
- Starting to knit what I hope will be a squarish sleeveless top. Wish me luck.
- Hubby also found more yarn for me at the thriftshop where he turned in the books that the used bookstore didn't want! (Got compliments on my tweedy scarves which I gave out.)
- Remember that you can learn to do a LOT yourself. I myself have put down tile, painted, sewn, and knitted - And my latest self haircut looks very nice indeed!
- We went to a very nice coffee house concert of one of our favorite Ventura musicians - Nathan McKuen - for the price of parking at the Staples Center - as hubby remarked!
- Played mellow pop 70's music at local coffee house and the Deer Lodge in Ojai with our buddy George - and got free drinks!
- Enjoyed the music of Arlene Kohl - another 70's revival singer/guitar player at the Farmer's Market in Channel Islands Harbor. Support your local talent! (We peruse the local "rags" to see who is playing where - a baroque concert at a church next wkend...)
Onward & upward for 2010!!
0 Comments | Post Feedback
You need to be a registered ThriftyFun user post feedback. If you are registered, login using the form at the top of this page. Click here to register.